Now that i’m really far into my second trimester i have been hungry nearly alllllll the time! I’m not using pregnancy as an excuse to eat constantly and eat rubbish though so i have some regular snacks that i make sure i’m always stocked up on to ensure that i’m still eating healthy and not over eating!
- Smoothies – I have been lucky in the fact that i have been craving more fruit instead of things like sweets, so a smoothie is a great way to pack something full of goodness and for it to still taste amazing. My favourite at the minute that i make nearly every morning is a banana, passion fruit, berries & oats smoothie with almond milk.
- Cheese – I love a cheese salad sandwich & to just snack on some different types of cheese with crackers.
- Caesar salads – This is more of a meal than a snack but its so quick and easy and can throw in anything, It’s also surprisingly filling so i eat them quite often.
- Granola bars – These are a great healthy snack and something that I ate a lot of in the first trimester when it was hard to stomach anything!
- Veggie sticks with hummus – These are so easy to make and tasty, just chop up some veggies such as carrots, celery, cucumber & dunk them in a big pot of hummus!
- Crisps and dips – An unhealthy snack but I love chilling out with a big bag of Doritos and dips, luckily i have a partner to share them with so i don’t end up eating the whole bag!
I’m still waiting to really crave something, but some people don’t end up craving anything!
Lots of Love, Cyah xxx